Life is good. Gain. Life is not fair. Loss. It’s a matter of perspective – sometimes easy; oftentimes, challenging.
For more positive chi to flow, I should be writing about, ‘life is a beach,’ or something as hip as ‘politics/stock market/traffic – it’s more fun in this country.’ Today I’m more keen about bursting some bubbles, so it really is tempting for me to write about, ‘life is a bitch’ or ‘haters get a life’, instead…oh, but I do have some positive comments about the stock market! Talk about balance between good and evil.
I’m about to spend the next couple of minutes writing about musings on personal/family relationships, mundane stuff like weight gain, somewhat-annoying political thoughts – things which I need to bounce off the wall called blog (and it’s right here!). I haven’t been so keen about keeping this kind of ‘stress’ list, but I should be able to jot it down so that the counting of sheep – something I do before bedtime when sleep becomes elusive, is kept in its state of effortless peace.
On a more personal note…
1. Gain : Strong and promising lifelong friendship with five people. High five for honesty and open communication.
Loss : falling out with two people whom I used to look up to. Hypocrisy and lies are never good elements of a healthy relationship. Over it!
2. Gain : Weight. Uh-oh! The worst in 6 months, following a hospital confinement…the positive side – I can start training for my third full marathon after almost 6 months of rehab. I’m at it! Weight loss is underway. Hopefully.
Loss : I need to defer plans for a 50km ultra marathon, shoulda-woulda-coulda first half of 2012.
3. Gain : We successfully fought a terminal illness in the family, as a family. My aunt made a big come back with a stronger testimony for her Christian mission.
Loss : Sleepless nights, wondering how the treatment was progressing – a scenario in the family wherein everyone was face-to-face with the big, bad ‘C’…but faith is much, much greater than any illness.
I also think about this country. To me, this is home. I’m sooo here that it is warranted, I be called ‘a dumb citizen’, should I fail to notice news or issues at the level of national consciousness.
4. Gain : Philippine stock market index!!! It’s a concrete measurement of the sentiments of investors towards the Philippine Economy. The market has been enjoying growth, rising from a 3K+ last year, breaking the 5K barrier, and now maintaining its position at the 5K+ index for months…and the outlook remains bullish. Stay invested!
In 2011, financial institutions like BPI and BDO went all-out with their campaigns to draw people to avail of managed funds. These funds cater to several investor risk profiles : conservative – moderately aggressive – aggressive. It sure is a new way to earn passive income while leveraging on the growth our stock market.
5. Gain : Confidence on the President, most recent rating,+ 67%.
Though, I’m not particular about the label ‘yellow army’, but a positive trust rating of 67% earned by the President fuels a certain feel-good attitude towards the government, and relevant sectors are motivated to pump-prime the economy. I’m neutral when it comes to political parties, I support whoever is duly elected and proclaimed President.
Loss : (Untimely) demise of a great public servant – Sec. Jess Robredo.
Loss : Political divide; many haters still – those people trying to bring down the Administration to its knees, but hey, if you happen to be one of them, I hold no personal grudge against you, but I wish that we be aligned in this thought : words, including those translated into propaganda are meaningless, until we match it with collective actions to push for reforms. Talk is cheap.
Loss : (Figuratively) headless, selfish people from all sectors of the society who are deliberately trashing the environment.
Loss : Unresolved territorial dispute among China and other ASEAN States over the perceived oil-rich Spratly Group of Islands in the West Philippine Sea. I wonder what the UN is doing in order to effectively implement the provisions of the UN Convention on the Laws of the Sea (UNCLOS).
——— List ends here. For now. =) ———-